Tuesday, February 11, 2014

This specific poem is my attempt to descried living with someone who suffers from PTSD. This is a reality faced every day not only by thousands of PTSD sufferers but their family, friends and co-workers. Please do your part for your society and support veterans and victims orgs in your community. We cannot be strong if we ignore our weak.



Confide
by priscilla brett

Whisper to me you dreams
Tell me your secrets
Open to me your fears
Hint at your desires
If you fear the truth
Why have you cherished it so?
Why keep it near
When peace comes with it's destruction?
Tell me i beg of you
The hell which consumes you
Has no immunity to love
Let me comfort you
Allow me to dispel your suffering
If you do not
You condemn me to that same hell
For i shall stand by your side
And if i cannot join you in your peace
I shall join you, in your misery

No comments:

Post a Comment