Tuesday, February 11, 2014

An Unfortunate Psychoses Part 1
by priscilla brett

Said the patient to the doctor,

“Tiny little creatures crawling
Maniacally in fits I’m pawing
At my skin to rid it bare
Of the creatures trapped in there
Itchy , nasty, green and gobbling
Teething , grinning, eating, slobbering
Monsters hidden inside skin
Trapped in veins, they writher in
Take the knife, and cut me open
Alleviate my mind so broken
Take the monsters, green and grinning
You’ll see them when my corpse your skinning
And then you’ll see, in all their glory
My monsters were not just a story.”

Replied the doctor,

“Rather I should not have to skin you
Dearest sir, to look within you
But should you force me, I will sedate
And with drugs, I’ll medicate
You to the point, frankly stated
Your brain will be disintegrated
So calm down  now sir and I’ll explain
How your psychoses causes pain
How your envisioning the creatures
With the green and horrid features
And I will explain, and in time you’ll see
There are no creatures, now let it be
Or again as I have stated
I will indeed have you sedated.”

Said the patients wife,

“Dearest god, will you please help?
I found him clawing off his scalp
He was writhing, spinning, twirling
He told me that his brain was curdling
He took a knife off of the counter
And it and he had an encounter
I wrapped him up, and tied his wound
There was so much blood I nearly swooned
He talked of creatures, green and grinning
It was then he said the room was spinning
Then he fell and hit his head
I swear I really thought him dead
Then to the car and here I flew
I brought him quick as light to you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment